Quick Dinner Rolls


I love baking bread but sometimes it is just too time consuming with all the waiting needed for the dough to rise and then rise again.  A lot of times I don't have that kind of time.  This recipe has no yeast which makes them very quick to whip up on a moments notice.  A long time ago I had made dinner rolls similar to these but was disappointed.  They turned out very gummy.  I found the recipe for these from the Facebook page Fauzia's Kitchen Fun.  The original recipe is from The Southern Lady Cooks.  These came out soft and reminded us more of a biscuit.  The recipe called for self-rising flour but I never have that...I don't even know if I have even seen that in the grocery store here.  So I made a substitution using all-purpose flour, baking powder and salt.

Quick Dinner Rolls
Adapted from The Southern Lady Cooks via Fauzia's Kitchen Fun

2 cups all-purpose flour plus a pinch of salt
3 tsp baking powder
4 tbsp light mayonnaise
1 cup milk
1 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 400 F.  Grease a muffin tin.

In a large bowl add all the ingredients and mix with a wooden spoon for about 2 minutes.  Fill the prepared muffin tin 2/3 full.  Bake for 10-12 minutes.  I also put them under the broiler to brown the tops.

Print Friendly and PDF

21 comments:

  1. this looks fabulous I haven't made bread with mayonnaise in it looks wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...what a quick and easy recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are really quick ....and easy too....looks delicious

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is really quick n yummy...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog & recipes are awesome.Following you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks fab....adding mayo in baking is new to me...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seems so easy yet delicious, loved your snap.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woww... delicious and tempting recipe.. looks absolutely inviting.. thanks for sharing !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice recipe,Thanks for sharing all the lovely recipes in your blog..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can u mix dough and sit for an hour before cooking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I've never tried this before so I don't know what the results would be. If you do try it please do let me know how it turns out.

      Delete
  11. Hey,
    could you subst. spelt flour instead of the white flour?
    Thanks
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Steph,

      I've never used spelt flour and don't really know much about it so I couldn't tell you how the results would turn out. If you give it a try please let me know how it turns out!

      Delete
  12. Textures not bad.. tastes like flour though. Not a recipe I'd use again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry it didn't turn out for you. Did you mix the batter till all was combined without any flour pockets?

      Delete

Featured Post

Tacos {Remake}