S'more Rice Krispie Treats without Gelatin

I was so excited when I figured out how to make Rice Krispie Treats without Gelatin.  I couldn't wait to make different varieties.   This recipe is from Tasty Kitchen by City Baked.  I made a few changes....using marshmallow creme and adjusting the quantities of the other ingredients.  I find when making Rice Krispie Treats using marshmallow creme, it takes a long time for them to harden up.  I made this in the afternoon with Hasan and by evening they still hadn't harden up.  They were much better the next day but they are not as solid as the traditional Rice Krispie Treats.  Regardless, these were great.  Perhaps next time I will reduce the amount of Rice Krispies and see if that solves my problem.  When they were done Hasan was asking me to make them again.  I was planning on making the plain ones but he requested I make it with chocolate again!



S'more Rice Krispie Treats
Adapted from City Baked

1 jar Jet-Puffed marshmallow creme
2 tbsp margarine
6 cups Rice Krispies
2 tsp vanilla bean paste Halal Vanilla Powder or Extract
14 graham crackers broken into pieces
1 cup milk chocolate chips

In a large pot over low heat, melt the margarine.  Once melted, add the marshmallow creme and vanilla bean paste.  Mix until melted and incorporated.  Remove from heat.  Add the Rice Krispies, one cup at a time, and mix well.  Add the graham cracker pieces and milk chocolate chips and mix until incorporated.  Spread in a greased 9 x 13 dish and allow to harden at room temperature.

Print Friendly and PDF
 

3 comments:

Featured Post

Tacos {Remake}