Orange Sherbert

I found this recipe at Kraft Canada.  It's actually a recipe for popsicles.   I was hoping these would taste like Creamsicles...I LOVE CREAMSICLES!!  But it actually tasted like Orange Sherbet...which I also happen to love :).  This recipe has only 3 ingredients and s very quick to make.  The most time consuming part is waiting for it to freeze.



This didn't work well as a popsicles.  When I went to take the popsicle out, the stick came out and the rest stayed put.  I kept it in the freezer for over 24 hours and still no luck.  So I scooped it out and put it in a container to eat like ice cream.  This went fast and one small little scoop of ice cream  is all that was left when I went to take a picture.  I omitted 2 cups of mini marshmallows from the original recipe so maybe that is why it didn't work well as a popsicle.

Orange Sherbert
Adapted from Kraft Canada


1 jar (198 g) Jet-Puffed Marshmallow Creme
1 cup orange juice
1 cup Cool-Whip (I used 98% Fat Free since that is what I had)

In a mixer, beat together the marshmallow creme and orange juice until well blended.  Start the mixer on low and then slightly increase to medium.  Add the Cool-Whip and mix on low until combined.  Pour this mixture into a container and freeze.  After an hour take out and give it a good mix and return to the freezer.  I would do this a couple of times to make sure the orange juice doesn't separate.

7 comments:

  1. I love sherbet (or sorbetto as we call it in Italy)! This one looks great Asiya! Great job! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hy Asiya,
    wish i could reach thro my computer for a taste..! LOL..
    I love this...:)
    Tasty Appetite

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thx Manu and Jay! My husband thought it was too sweet but me and my son just loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the color.. sorbet is an all time favorite..

    New to ur space and absolutely love it here.. following u..
    Do visit me as time permits.

    Jabeen's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thx for stopping by Mehjabeen. Look forward to following your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey dear first time here..but I think I know u ...u hv a bful blog with stunning pics..wonder how I missed it...
    Anyways would love to hear a word from u too...
    this looks decadent ..any leftovers pls.?..Yummo
    Following u..
    Sanyukta
    http://creativesanyukta.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thx for the comment and the follow Sanyukta. I don't think we know each other.

    Thx for stopping by and I look forward to checking out your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Tacos {Remake}