Guacamole and Pico de Gallo

I haven't eaten much guacamole.  I've always avoided buying it because it is so high in fat.  It's good fat but I know once I start eating it I won't be able to stop.  I thought some would go great with the Spicy Bean Burritos.  I searched online and settled on a recipe I found at The Pioneer Woman.  Most guacamole I've seen have been a smooth paste.  This one was more chunky and had tomato and onions in it.  The Pioneer Woman's recipes so far have turned out really good so I thought I would give it a try and I'm glad I did.  The recipe is to make Pico de Gallo (which really is Kuchumbar) and mix it with avocado.  You can also eat both of these with some nachos.

I basically followed the recipe but scaled it down since it was only for 2 people.  I added less lime juice than the original recipe.  If you want it spicy leave the seeds in the jalapeno.



Guacamole and Pico de Gallo
Adapted from The Pioneer Woman
Printer Friendly

Pico de Gallo
2 Roma tomatoes
1/4 small onion
2 whole Jalapeno Peppers, seeded
Cilantro
Lime Juice
Salt

Guacamole
1 whole avocado
Pico de Gallo
Lime Juice
Salt

For the Pico de Gallo, chop up the tomatoes, onion and jalapeno into a small dice.  Add cilantro, lime juice and salt to taste.

For the guacamole, slice the avocado in half and remove the pit.  With a spoon scrape out the green flesh and put in a bowl.  Mash with a fork.  Add salt to taste.  Mix in desired amount of Pico de Gallo.  Add more lime juice if desired.  Mix and enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Tacos {Remake}