Chapli Kebob

Pictured updated January 25, 2013 (Taken for Pita Break Review)
We asked my son where he wanted to go for his 4th birthday dinner.  He chose Bamiyan Kabob and he was going to eat Chapli Kebob.  He loves the Chapli Kebob there.  It's so spicy but it doesn't stop him.  I'm not that fond of it.  Everytime we order it I have to try it to check maybe there is something I'm missing...but I do love these chapli kebobs.  There are very easy to make.  My mom watches Chef Rahat on TV and saw this recipe.  I thought the fried egg was an unusual addition but it adds a lot of flavor.  I made a couple of changes to the recipe.



Chapli Kebob
Adapted from Chef Rahat
Printer Friendly

1 pound ground veal, washed and water squeezed out (use a strainer for this)
1 onion, chopped
2 tomatoes, insides removed and chopped
1 tbsp + 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
1 tsp salt
1 tsp red chilli flakes
1 tbsp ground cumin
2 tbsp cornflour
4 green chillies, chopped
1 tsp ground pomegranate seeds (anaar dhana)
1/2 tsp garam masala
1 tbsp whole coriander seeds, coarsely ground in a mortar and pestle
1/2 tsp baking soda
3 eggs

Mix all the above ingredients together except 2 of the eggs.

Beat the remaining 2 eggs.  Fry them in a little beat of oil and break up into small pieces.  Add to the ground beef mixture.

Make patties and pan fry.  Enjoy with some hot naan!

4 comments:

  1. It is CHAPTI (flat) kabab. Not Chappli. The recipe was fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so glad the recipe turned out well for you. We love these kabobs!

      Yes these are flat but they are called Chappli. In all the restaurants I've been to and all the recipes I've seen they are called Chappli. Perhaps Chapti Kabobs are something else.

      Delete
  2. just tried these Chapli kebabs... great recipe thank you... I couldn't find anaar daana sadly so i think the taste may have been affected by that.. and had to increase the salt a little bit... wonderful recipe... thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YEAH!!! I'm so glad you liked them! Thanks for dropping by and your comment..it's great to have some feedback :)

      Delete

Featured Post

Tacos {Remake}