Black Bean Soup

I found the original recipe for this on AllRecipes.com.  I made some changes to it to work with what I had in my fridge.  After looking at the original recipe I think I may try it now that I have most of the ingredients at home.  I usually make this with water but I had vegetable broth so I used that.



Black Bean Soup
Adapted from AllRecipes.com
Printer Friendly

1 19 z black beans, drained and rinsed 
2 tbsp canola oil
1/2 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp salt
2 Roma tomatoes, diced
1/2 cup frozen corn (you could add up to 3/4 cup)
1 cup water, vegetable stock or chicken stock
freshly ground black pepper
1 tbsp lemon juice (I like this sour so I added 2 tbsp)

In the oil, saute the onion and garlic until the onion is translucent.  Add the cumin powder, cayenne pepper and salt.  Cook for about 1 minute.  Add the tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes.   Add the frozen corn and black beans and cook for a couple of minutes.  Add the water/vegetable stock/chicken stock and bring to a boil.  Partially cover and let cook for 20 minutes on med-low heat.  Add black pepper and lemon juice to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Tacos {Remake}